JHYC ANNUAL REGATTA NOTICE OF RACEMonday 17th October 2011
NOTICE 0F RACE
Saturday, November 12th & Sunday, November 13th, 2011
The Organising Authority is Jolly Harbour Yacht Club
The Location is Outside Jolly Harbour - On the West Coast of Antigua.
1. THE RACES WILL BE GOVERNED by the Racing Rules of Sailing 2009-2012, this Notice of Race and the Sailing Instructions for this Regatta. US Sailing prescriptions shall not apply.
2. ADVERTISING: No restrictions.
3. ELIGIBILITY: All boats with a draft of 10 feet or less are eligible to enter.
4. CLASSIFICATION: Boats may opt for any of Four (4) Classes, namely Racing (White/Red Stripe), Racing/Cruising (Blue), Cruising (Green) or Fun Class (Yellow). A 'Class' shall consist of not less than three (3) boats but the Committee reserves the right to place boats in any class it sees fit.
5. FEES: EC $150 per boat, payable at registration.
6. SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
FRIDAY, 11th NOV, 18.00 Hrs: Registration and Skippers Briefing at Dogwatch Tavern.
SATURDAY, 12th NOV, 1100 Hrs: First race starts outside the entrance to Jolly Harbour - three (3) races.
SATURDAY, 12th NOV, 1700 Hrs: After race party and Provisional Results at Al Porto Restaurant.
SUNDAY, 13th NOV, 1100 Hrs: Start of Fourth race outside Jolly Harbour. Three (3) races.
SUNDAY, 13th NOV, 1730 Hrs: Final Results & Prize giving at Dogwatch Tavern.
7. MEASUREMENTS: Current CSA Rating Certificates will form the basis for all ratings. Boats without a Certificate will be allocated a rating from the CSA database of similar boats and may be subject to change.
8. SAILING INSTRUCTIONS will be posted at Dogwatch Tavern, Al Porto Restaurant and the JHYC
Notice Board in the shopping mall (all situated in Jolly Harbour) by 1200 hours on Friday 11th November. Printed copies will also be available at the Skippers Briefing.
9. VENUE: The sailing area for this event will be outside Jolly Harbour and in Five Islands Bay.
10. COURSES for this event are described in the Sailing Instructions and will be mainly short
windward/leeward for racers - easier for cruisers.
11. PENALTY SYSTEM: The 720 Rule will apply to all classes except Fun Class who will only be
required to do a 360 degree turn; 1 tack 1 gybe.
12. SCORING: Will use the low point system. Three races will constitute a series. All races will count.
13. BERTHS will be available free of charge for non Jolly Harbour participants on the days of racing. However, water, electricity, etc. will be charged.
14. THE COMMITTEE BOAT will use VHF Channel 12.
15. PRIZES will be awarded to at least the first three (3) boats in each class.
16. DISCLAIMER: The Organizing Committee for this Regatta do so on the understanding that they are not to be held responsible for any loss, damage or personal injury to any competitor in this Regatta. Owners/skippers should draw the attention of all crewmembers to this disclaimer and to RRS Fundamental Rule 4 - Decision to Race.
17. INSURANCE: It is advisable that competitors have racing cover but it is not a requirement.
Click here for all News and Specials for Jolly Harbour Yacht Club