With today’s families scattered all over the globe, many are in search of an idyllic location to reconnect and celebrate the Holidays. Whether you are dreading or dreaming of a White Christmas, A & B offers a “whitewash” of beaches and a Wonderland of accommodations, fine dining, adventure and other possibilities.
Spectacular sunsets are free and A & B boasts many historical forts and landmarks such as Shirley Heights for watching them. The only chills emanate from panoramic views in this twin island paradise and any ice is in the cocktails.
Christianity is the predominant religion and Christmas is a special celebration in A & B. The lighthearted, easygoing spirit of the locals is accentuated as the country celebrates the warmth of this magical time of year. In St. John’s, the capital the streets are lit and many Christmas traditions are observed. However, residents have put their own stamp on the celebrations and local customs, cuisine and music have been infused, making Christmas in A & B a truly unique experience.
St. Nick is revered and is affectionately called Father Christmas. As might be expected, there are no sleds or reindeers in A & B. The local speculation is that Santa’s mode of transportation is a donkey drawn cart, although no one has ever actually witnessed Santa at the reins.
Experience the folklore and sing along with Calypso King Obstinate “How will Santa Get Here?" CLICK HERE TO LISTEN
1. A tropical gift basket of seashells, sun and SPF 30.
2. “Oh Holy Night” and other traditional carols played on steel drums. Click here to listen
3. Ringing in the New Year with a real tan.
4. Children building castles in the sand instead of Frosty the Snowman.
5. Igniting passions by moonlight instead of the fireside.
6. Tossing the ski mask and snow suit for water skis and a swim suit.
7. Exchanging gifts under palm trees instead of the mistletoe.
8. Making Christmas shopping a duty free experience at Heritage and Redcliffe Quays.
9. Kicking off the snow boots for a walk on a deserted beach and pedal sensation on soft pink sand
10. A flurry of Caribbean flavors from more than 100 local restaurants and the chance to experience Tablemanners.
What is Tablemanners?
A cultural compendium that captures A & B’s gastronomic landscape in 240 pages and hundreds of vibrant images. (From the authors of The Food and Drink Guide.)
This bold coffee table hardback (11” x 17”) is more than a cookbook but a culinary manuscript of A & B Hospitality, featuring wine pairings, local produce and scores of recipes from local chefs. Recently listed by Gourmand-Magazine, on Gourmand World Cookbook Awards, this voluminous tome is fast becoming a popular Holiday gift among visitors to A & B this year who want something fun, unique and memorable!
TABLEMANNERS: The Art of the Get Together
• Become the ultimate host and entertain in true Caribbean style.
• Get instant culinary credibility and sudden sophistication.
• Prepare “Tried and Truly Delicious” Entrees, Desserts and “Over the Moon Cocktails
• Get detailed instructions from Top Chefs in local hotels and restaurants
• Keep your dinner table deliciously composed with Caribbean flavor all year.
This Christmas treat yourself and fooderatis on your list to the Gift of Caribbean Gourmet.
Enter to win your copy of Tablemanners in A & B’s 12 Days of Holiday Buzz.
Log on to win at www.antigua-barbuda.org Dec 12 – 24, 2011. Join the BUZZ-FLUENCE