INVESTING IN ANTIGUA & BARBUDA
Top investment segments in Antigua & Barbuda:
- Tourism - Resorts, developments, attractions, convention centers - More info
- Financial Services - International finance and insurance, offshore banking, IBC - More info.
Secondary investment segments in Antigua & Barbuda:
- Business support services - Technical call centres, business process outsourcing
- Medical Health and Wellness - Spas, specialized clinics, recovery centres - More Info
- Education - ICT, hospitality, medical, student residences
- Logistics - Trans-shipping, storage, brokerage, repacking, infrastructure
LAWS AND REGULATIONS
The legal basis for tax holidays for investors is codified in the Fiscal Incentives Act. Finam approval to grant the concessions, as well as the extent of these concessions, resides with the Cabinet of Ministers.
- Tax holiday of 5 to 15 years is available for new projects within a 5-year extension under certain circumstances. Relief is given from customs, dutied and other inderect taxes, such as the Consumption Tax, on imports of materials and equipment employed in the construction and operation of the facility;
- Capital and earnings can be repatriated;
- 100% foreign ownership is permitted;
- A guaranteed number of work permits are provided for foreign nationals.
Check out a full and updated list of incentives here.