REVAMPED CLUB CLASS FOR 2020Tuesday 3rd December 2019
Antigua Sailing Week featured a new Club Class in 2017 which has been expanded and improved for 2020. This Class is open to sailors who want to participate in the on-the-water action but who may not take their racing as seriously as others and don’t want to incur all the usual expenses. The Class
Rules are as follows:
- The entry fee is US $7 per foot of measured overall length.
- Acceptance of entries into the Club Class is solely at the discretion of the Organising Authority. High performance boats, boats that have previously done well under CSA racing or boats with highly trained crews will not be accepted into the Club Class.
- The Class will be scored using Variable Simplified CSA Handicap. Boats that already have full CSA Ratings may enter the Class but will still be issued a CSA Simplified Rating, at no cost, in advance of racing. Boats without a full must request for and will be issued CSA Simplified Rating will be issued prior to the first day’s racing at a cost of US $50. All boats should endeavor to have their Simplified CSA Handicap a few days BEFORE the close of registration.
- Boats may enter as jib and main (pole or no pole) only or with spinnakers.
- After each day’s racing, individual ratings will be adjusted up or down by a maximum of 5% in proportion to your boats corrected time to that of the mid fleet boat’s corrected time. Yachts that do well (better than mid fleet) will have their rating adjusted up while yachts that do not do well (worse than mid fleet) will have their rating adjusted down. The newly adjusted rating becomes your rating for next day’s race. This will result in tighter racing as the week progresses with more opportunities for all teams to experience the thrill of a podium position.
- The CSA Simplified Rating or the Variable Simplified CSA Handicap procedures are not subject to competitor protest.
- All class participants must accept the Variable Simplified CSA Handicap procedures. Otherwise, they would be more suited to a CSA racing class.
- There will be one race per day for the Class with no throw-outs.
- Courses will be shorter with less emphasis on windward/leeward performance in as much as that is possible within our geographic limitations.
- Club Class entries will not be eligible for The Royal Southern Yacht Club Challenge.
If you have questions or require further information on the Club Class, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for all News and Specials for Antigua Sailing Week