TRAINING IN TOURISM
WELCOME TO ABHTI
Located at Dutchman’s Bay Coolidge the ABHTI is the premier hospitality and tourism training institution in Antigua and Barbuda and the wider OECS Caribbean that aims to develop the human capital for the hospitality, tourism, and related sectors of the economy.
Being a repository of information for the industry and using high-quality industry professionals, ABHTI offers accredited associate degree programs alongside a multitude of certificates and short courses that can advance your career.
The ABHTI offers an array of associate degrees and certifications in the following program:
Associate Degree Program:
- Culinary Arts
- Food & Beverage
- Tourism Management
- Basic Cookery
- Front Office and Restaurant Operations
The ABHTI also offers short courses in response to the industry and public needs such as:
- Service Ambassador Program
ABHTI offers interested students several options to meet the requirements for enrolling in any of our associate degree and certification programs. Review the criteria below which one best describes your current qualifications:
- To qualify for entry into the Antigua and Barbuda Hospitality Training Institute the following criteria should be met by the applicant:
- Students 16-24 must have five (5) CXC subjects inclusive of English.
- The Antigua & Barbuda Hospitality Training Institute (ABHTI) welcomes applications from qualified students who are interested in joining the hospitality field, mature persons over 25 years seeking to add certification to experience, and individuals who want a career change or just want to enter the area of hospitality.
- Mature persons over 25 years and may not have the requisite CXCs will have to complete a proficiency test and produce two letters of recommendation – one from a current employer and the other from a past employer/supervisor.
- Also, applicants will have to complete a very rigorous interview process before he/she is accepted as a student at the ABHTI.
Tuition and Fees
To find out about tuition and fee requirements and how you can progress your career in hospitality and tourism check out our http://abhti.edu.ag/ now.
MEETINGS & EVENTS
Our Atlantic View Restaurant, with its scenic and breathtaking view, is the perfect location for lunch with easy parking and away from the hustle and bustle of St. John’s. The menus which are prepared and served by our students, showcase their culinary skills, and caters to every palate, filling you with a Caribbean zest
The Management and staff of The Antigua and Barbuda Hospitality Training Institute invite you to plan your next event at our venue.
Our facility provides services for all your needs in the areas of the following:
- Birthday Parties
- Retirement Parties
- Office Parties
- We also provide services for conferences, meetings and training workshops for small groups. We are fully equipped with all of your meeting needs.
For further information please contact us at 462-3066. Our website is: http://abhti.edu.ag/